Saturday, March 5, 2011

SIDS is a very scary thing, especially for first time mom's. To this day, I an terrified of SIDS! I check on Ethan constantly and can't get much sleep cause I'm so worried. They say that giving babies a pacifier while sleeping helps reduce the risk of SIDS, but I can't leave Ethan alone with one since he shoves the whole thing in his mouth. That scares me even more. I know there isn't anything you can do if SIDS does happen, but I can try to prevent it. Reading about parents who have lost their child to SIDS makes me sad. Scares me even more thinking it can happen to my son. I don't think I'll ever be content until he passes the age of 1.

I am following a blog that makes me very sad. A women's little girl passed away from SIDS at 4 months old on February 17th, 3 days after she turned 4 months. It breaks my heart every time I read her post that she updates daily. She is a very strong mom trying to get day by day after the passing of her first child. Every single post makes me appreciate what I have. I go to Ethan. and I hug, kiss. and hold him. I can't imagine losing my baby boy and I don't even want to experience it! Please pray for the mom who lost her baby girl. I pray that she finds the strength to get day by day and I know her baby girl is watching over her from heaven. No parent should lose their child, especially as a baby. It's just not fair and my heart hurts for her. She is one beautiful little girl and god definitely got a beautiful angel! Here is the address to her blog below if you would like to read her stories and pray. RIP Maddie!
http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

2 comments:

  1. That is a really sad blog, I can't imagine how that couple feels every day. When I was babysitting Kennedy, I could barely sleep, because I was listening for every breath. I pray that no one I know has to go through anything like that, but at the same time I am grateful for eternal families, and the chance that mother will get to be with her daughter again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a VERY sad blog :( I did cry the first time I read it because I couldn't imagine EVER losing Ethan and how she feels. It just breaks my heart. I listening to every breath with Ethan too, and I still do to this day! I check up on him in his crib every 30 mins. That's why I don't get much sleep lol. I pray that nobody I know goes through that either cause it's so depressing and one of the hardest things to go through.

    ReplyDelete